Please close or use the back button after reading this FAQ page.
Completing the questionnaire
This questionnaire will take around 60 minutes to complete. You can log back in at anytime to complete it - but don't leave it till the last minute!
From time to time, please click the "Save unfinished page" button on the bottom of the page - this will ensure that your individual responses are saved, and in the event that your connection is lost (more likely when using a mobile device), you can simply log back in and continue where you left off.
If you receive a "422 Error" it means that you have an expired application page open in another browser tab. Restart your browser, or close the tab, then log back in and complete your application. And remember to save your answers regularly.
DO NOT USE EMOTICONS/EMOJIS IN YOUR ANSWERS! (you will not be able to submit your answers until they're removed).
Locked account or forgot your password?
No problems - just click the 'forgot password' link on the sign in page. If you don't immediately receive an email, check your spam/junk folder for an email from email@example.com.
Problems signing up
If you are experiencing issues when attempting to register, make sure you have cookies enabled in your browser. If you have them blocked, the system cannot manage your session and won't allow you access.
Please film a 2 MINUTE video of yourself telling a story about your experiences looking for love.
A few tips about your video:
- The video submissions must be NO LONGER than 2 minutes.
- Introduce yourself and tell the story speaking directly into the camera.
- Make sure your face can be clearly seen on the video.
- Make sure your voice can be clearly heard on the video.
- Watch your video back! If you can’t hear or see yourselves neither can we.
- Please remember you are trying out to be a contestant, not a presenter so just BE YOURSELF!!
- Video can be recorded on your smartphone, laptop or a camera. Make it easy for yourself!
The video is for viewing online and does NOT need to be super high definition - it is highly recommended that you reduce the size to no more than 800 pixels wide before uploading (this will reduce the file size well below 100MB). In 99% of cases, this is the main reason videos fail to load - so please follow the compression steps before contacting support.
Reduce the size of your video prior to uploading, by following these instructions:
- On your computer download the free video converter: www.macroplant.com/adapter (recommended)
- On your iPhone/iPad you can use the Video Compressor application
Once installed, (and any additional plugins are updated), follow these steps:
- Add your video by dropping or browsing to it from your hardrive.
- From the right hand panel, choose a "Destination" to where you'd like to save your compressed video
- From the 'Video" section choose "mpeg4" as the encoder.
- From the "Resolution" section, choose a smaller size from the dropdown (recommended: 720x480) (you can see in the output window, the change to the video as you select the different sizes) - this will reduce the file size most effectively from the original and won't degrade the quality.
- If you want to reduce the time length of your video, choose the "Trim" option and adjust the start and end points of your video.
Make sure you check that your video plays before uploading it - otherwise you will experience an error.
Once you're ready to upload, close any other application pages before uploading (including this one) and make sure your device/computer doesn't go into sleep mode during the upload process. If you have others using your wifi (particularly if they're watching videos/uploading/gaming) - ask them to take a break to free up bandwidth on your network.
Please be patient while it uploads.
CastaSugar is not in any way affiliated with Macroplant or other third party applications mentioned here - and there are many other free apps that you can use to achieve the same results.